Dick Zigun is referred to as the 'Mayor of Coney Island'.
Having founded Coney Island USA over 30 years ago he continues to bring events, spectacle and excitement all the time to the ever changing people magnet known internationally as CONEY ISLAND.
I was glad to interview him about his achievements and history at Coney Island. (I won the 2012 Coney Island Film Festival Award for Best Silent Film)Great film Festival!
For more information about CONEY ISLAND USA.
All Photographs are ©2015 Norman Blake
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Wonderful film! Go see it and support Circus Arts Worldwide!
- Sedona International Film Festival (Sedona, AZ) March 1st, World Premiere – It was as a Finalist in its Documentary Category! Collaborated with local Sacred Circus for live performers.
- From Sagan Lewis, Program Director: “The film WORLD CIRCUS takes us behind the scenes of this fascinating arena in an entertaining and compelling way. Who wins doesn’t matter….but getting to know these extraordinary performers is an experience one never forgets.”
- Sarasota Film Festival (Sarasota, FL) April 13 – Two sold out screenings and collaboration with the local Sailor Circus of Circus Sarasota for pre-movie entertainment.
- RiverRun International Film Festival (Winston-Salem, NC) April 20th, World Circus Day – In additional to the general Festival Screening, as part of the “Films With Class” category, the film screened 3x for local school children, grades 2-5. Some of the best audiences the film has had yet!
- Los Angeles Screening – August, 25th – Collaborating with the circus training facility (Le Studio) and performers (Le Petit Cirque) the screening drew top people from the local circus community, as well as Film/TV production people who’s eyes were opened to the circus world!
Thanks to all the made this film possible.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It will be screened on Sept 28th at The New York Clown Theatre Festival 10pm Cabaret